Last Updated: February 6, 2023
Educators Link Management, LLC (“we”, “us”, “our”) provides you with a knowledge sharing platform that brings professional learning and consulting solutions directly to you, whether you are a Member or Consultant. Our relationship is built on trust and the opportunity to provide you with a great customer experience, so we think it is important for you to understand what information we collect from you, how we use it and with whom we share it. We ask that you please read this privacy notice (“Privacy Notice”) carefully so you can understand how we handle your information.
WHO WE ARE
Educators Link Management, LLC is the data controller and is responsible for and may use your information for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice. Educators Link, LLC and Baum & Beaulieu Associates, Inc. are affiliates of Educators Link Management, LLC (individually, “Affiliate” and collectively, “Affiliates”).
This Privacy Notice explains how we our Affiliates collect, use and share your information we obtain through our websites (“Website”), social media pages we control (“Social Media Pages”), software applications we make available (“Apps”), HTML-formatted email messages (“Communications”), and through any of our offline activities such as when you attend our events or provide information to us over the phone (“Offline Activities”). Websites, Apps, Social Media Pages, Communications and Offline Activities are collectively referred to as the “Services”. We follow this Privacy Notice in accordance with applicable law in the places where we operate.
We may collect information from any person who uses our Services on behalf of themselves. This includes individuals who use our Services without registering with us (“Guest”), those who have become a member of Educators Link (“Member”), and those who have registered with us as a consultant of The Educators Link (“Consultant Member”). Visitors, Members and Consultant Members are collectively referred to as (“users”, “you” and “your”).
We do not knowingly collect, solicit, maintain or use Personal Information from individuals under 18 years of age in connection with the Website or Forums. We do not knowingly collect, solicit, maintain or use student information, data or records (“Student Information”), or Personal Information from the records of an educational agency relating to the annual professional performance reviews of classroom teachers or principals that is confidential and not otherwise subject to release (“Teacher or Principal Information”), in connect with the Website or Forums. Members are instructed not to provide, and Consultants are instructed not to collect, maintain or use any Student Information, or Teacher or Principal Information. If we do incidentally collect or maintain Personal Information from individuals under 18 years of age, Student Information, or Teacher or Principal Information you may Contact Us and request deletion.
Please keep in mind that when you provide information to us on a third party website, social media page or software application, the information you provide may be separately collected by the third party that controls that site or platform. The information we collect is covered by this Privacy Notice, and the information the third party collects is subject to that third party’s privacy practices. Privacy choices you have made on the third party website, social media page or application will not apply to our use of the information we have collected directly through our Services. Please also note that our Websites, Social Media Pages and Apps may contain links to other sites or platforms not owned or controlled by us and we are not responsible for the privacy practices of those third parties. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our Websites, Social Media Pages or Apps, and to read the privacy policies of other sites or platforms that may collect your Personal Information.
TYPE OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW IT IS COLLECTED
We collect two types of information though our Services: information that identifies you or relates to you as an identifiable person (“Personal Information”); and/or information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you (“Anonymous Information”). Sometimes we group Personal Information and/or Anonymous Information in a manner in which it cannot identify a single user of our Services (“Aggregate Information”).
Personal Information Provided by You:
- Registration information you provide when you create or update an Account with us, enter a promotion or submit a form requesting products or Services. This may include your name, email, phone number, login name and password, address, profile picture, payment or banking information, gender, pronoun, current and past employment history and work experience, demographic data, expertise, preferred hourly consulting rate, education, biography, preferences, skills and other facts about yourself.
- Transaction Information you provide when you request information, complete a transaction, contact Customer Service, or purchase, return, request, exchange, offer, or sell a product or service from us. This may include the type of Services requested or provided, date and time the service was requested and/or provided, location, due dates, amounts charged, method of service (such as virtual-live, virtual-recorded or in person), distance traveled, whether continuing education credits were offered and obtained, and payment method. Additionally, if someone uses a referral or access code, we may associate your name with that person.
- Information you provide in Forums on our Website and applications, such as your public posts, ratings and reviews, blogs, social media posts, photographs, and public questions during any recorded events.
- Information you provide in a non-public forum using forms, surveys or similar functionality, such as proposed or requested products or Services, such as budget or fees charged, birth date, last four digits of your social security number or teacher id for purposes of providing continuing education credits, Consultant Member travel arrangements, and potential or actual conflicts of interest.
Personal Information created during use of our Services:
- We collect usage data about how you, or anyone you authorize to interact with your account, interacts with us or our Services. This includes information such as favorites, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, when you access our platform or emails we send, app crashes and other system activity, geolocation information, your use of and interaction with our media such as how much you watch, when you pause or rewind, when you record, due date completion, type of browser, and third party sites or services used before interacting with our Services. In some cases, we collect this data through cookies, pixels, tags, and similar tracking technologies that create and maintain unique identifiers. To learn more about these technologies, please see our Cookie Notice.
- We may collect data about the devices used to access our Services, including the hardware models, device IP address, operating systems and versions, software, preferred languages, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion data, and mobile network data (including through beacon technology).
- Professional learning and consulting sessions may be photographed, voice and/or audio recorded and made available via our Services, in whole or in part, for future use and access by users.
Personal Information from other sources:
- Third parties such as public databases, vendors, joint marketing partners, sales services providers, data firms, licensed continuing education providers, Wistia (https://wistia.com) used to power the Company’s virtual recorded medias, licensees, social media platforms, payment providers, from people with whom you know or otherwise connected on social media platforms, user participating in our referral program, employers such as school districts or schools, as well as from other third parties. If you provide information regarding a third party to us, you must have their permission to do so for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice.
- Users, such as employers or other individuals, who provide gifts of Services, recommendations or content to other users.
- Inferences drawn from any of the Personal Information identified above to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use your Personal Information consistent with applicable law and the choices and controls that may be available to you, and we may use Personal Information collected from you, or from devices associated with you to:
- Provide you with the experiences, products, or Services you request, view, engage with, agree upon, or purchase or which others purchase as a gift to you or on your behalf;
- Communicate with you about your Account or transactions with us, send you information or request feedback about features on our Sites and Apps or changes to our policies;
- Provide you with continuing education or other credits from state governmental bodies or educational institutions;
- Send you offers and promotions for our products and Services or third party products and services;
- Personalize content and experiences;
- Provide you with targeted advertising based upon your activity on our Sites and Apps and on third-party sites and applications;
- Allowing you to participate in sweepstakes, contests, and similar promotions, and administering such activities (each of which may have additional rules and could contain additional information about how we Process your Personal Information);
- Operate, understand, develop, enhance, modify or improve our Services, including by using research and analytics tools;
- Detect, investigate, prevent, enforce against and notify you of activities that may violate our policies, pose safety issues, or be fraudulent or illegal;
- Comply with legal process, including responding to request from public governmental authorities, including those outside your country of residence.
As Anonymous Information and Aggregate Information does not constitute Personal Information, we may use it for any purpose. If we combine Anonymous Information and Aggregate Information with Personal Information, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information according to this Privacy Notice.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION WITH OTHER ENTITIES
We share your Personal Information with entities outside of Educators Link Management, LLC and its Affiliates for limited purposes, which are as follows:
- When you allow us to share your Personal Information with another company, so they can send you offers and promotions about their products and services.
- When you direct us to share your Personal Information with third-party websites, software applications or social media sites, or you connect to another website, software application or social media site, through a link or otherwise, while using our Services.
- Once we share your Personal Information with a third party in the above circumstances, the information received by the third party is controlled by that third party and becomes subject to their privacy practices.
- We may disclose your Personal Information to vendors and service providers we retain in connection with our business such as: publishing companies, Consultant Members, website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, credit card processing, tax and financial advisers, marketing advisors, legal advisers, accountants, auditing services or others. These entities are prohibited from using your Personal Information for purposes other than those requested by us or required by law.
- We may disclose your Personal Information to co-sponsors of promotions and other third parties to provide you with Services that you have requested or may interest you. For example, we may co-sponsor promotions, sweepstakes, or other events with a third party and may share your Personal Information in connection with these events. We also may have relationships third parties with whom we share your information for order fulfillment and also to provide you with information about products, services or other offerings that may interest you.
- We may disclose your Personal Information to law enforcement authorities, government or public agencies or officials, regulators, and/or to any other person or entity having appropriate legal authority or justification for receipt of your information, if required or permitted to do so by law or legal process, to respond to claims, or to protect our rights, interests, privacy, property or safety, and/or that of our Affiliates, you or other third parties. This includes disclosing your Personal Information to State entities who manage continuing education credits for which you signed up.
- We may disclose your Personal Information to individuals or entities who purchase products or Services on your behalf or on behalf of your employer for your benefit, to confirm when and where you received the requested products or Services.
THE PROTECTION, INTEGRITY AND RETENTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will take reasonable steps to protect the information you provide us from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. We have implemented appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to help safeguard and secure your information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration or destruction. Unfortunately, no security system is 100% secure, thus we cannot ensure the security of all information you provide to us via the Services.
We will retain your Personal Information for the length of time needed to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
YOUR CHOICES AND RIGHTS
You have certain choices and rights regarding the collection, use and sharing of your information. Your controls and choices include:
- Accessing your Personal Information that we use, pursuant to applicable law, which may enable us to charge a nominal fee to cover our administrative costs. This information may be accessible in whole or in part through your Dashboard on the Website or you may Contact Us.
- Verifying that any inaccurate or incomplete Personal Information held by us or on our behalf is corrected. You may update your Dashboard on the Website or you may Contact Us.
- Requesting the deletion of Personal Information we hold about you, which we will delete if required and permitted under applicable law, rules, regulation and contract. You may Contact Us.
- Requesting that we stop Processing your Personal Information, which we will assess and determine, under applicable law, whether we have any justification for continued Processing. You may Contact Us or Unsubscribe.
- Requesting, under certain circumstances, whether you can receive your Personal Information in a format that allows you to send it to another company or to direct us to transfer it to another company. You may Contact Us.
- Opt-out from receiving future marketing communications from us at any time. You may Unsubscribe.
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
From time-to-time we may revise this Privacy Notice and/or use Personal Information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed to meet changes in the regulatory or business environment, or to satisfy the needs of our customers and service providers. Updated and date stamped versions of the Privacy Notice will be posted on the Services under the “Last Updated” legend at the top of this Privacy Notice. Unless otherwise required under applicable law (e.g. obtaining consent from you for the relevant material changes) the revised Privacy Notice will take effect immediately upon such posting and your use of the Services following these changes means that you accept the revised Privacy Notice.
If you have any comments, questions, complaints or concerns, please Contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1 (888) EDLINK-1 or send a letter to:
Educators Link Management, LLC
P.O. Box 62
Port Washington, NY 11050
Residents of Nevada
Nevada provides its residents with a limited right to opt-out of certain Personal Information sales. This right applies even if your Personal Information is not being sold. Residents who wish to exercise this opt-out right may Contact Us to submit a request and include “NEVADA – OPT OUT REQUEST” in the subject line.